Fireworks without fearHandy tips for the noisy November period. November the 5th is Guy Fawkes night and it is always a lovely time of year with fireworks lighting up the sky. However it can be a very stressful time for your pets. We have put together a list of simple ways to keep your pets calm during this noisy period.
- Have some familiar nioses in the house, for example keep the TV on or some music playing, so that it doesn't appear to be an abnormal situation.
- Close the cutains so they won't see any of the fireworks because the flashes can scare them.
- Keep outside noise to a minimum by closing all the windows and doors in the house.
- If your cats are outdoor cats that come and go as they please, place a litter tray inside for them and once they are indoors close the flap so they don't go outside again.
- If possible have someone stay in the house with your pets to calm and reassure them.
- If your cat has had a previous problem on Guy Fawkes Night please consult your vet about the possibility of using medication.